Monday, December 6, 2010

Things to do on a cold day

IT'S.
SO.
COOOOOLD!!



When I woke up this morning at 7:30a, it was 9°F!

Now it's up to 16° The snow ended, but it left behind the temperature....


I am not happy!
It was so nice in November! Now it's so coooooold~
Give me back spring, please? Nice, pretty, WARM spring.

I'm trying not to complain, but I just don't like it when it's this cold outside. I feel like a scarecrow, all stuffed up with layers, just so I can keep warm.


I also miss the sunshine. By 5p, it's already dark. We haven't even reached winter solace yet! I know this happens every winter, but I just hate it!


What the winter has brought back is a lot of rituals I lost over the year. With my grandma back at work, I get a lot of time to myself, without having to answer a billion questions even though she's not really listening. It's certainly a lot less stressful.

I get to practice my makeup techniques again. I haven't used my brushes in so long I used to practice all the time, but when she was here, I could never leave the room without her judgment. I couldn't possibly want to walk out the door looking nice unless I was meeting a boy or going on a date or something. Everything I do to up my appearance clearly has to be for a man, not myself!

Okay, okay, she's not here, no use in stressing myself out.


Anyway, I've been back to eating breakfast, and trying to fix my sleep schedule (I managed to finally sleep at 9p and wake up at a decent time too~) and I've even taken up a bit of exercising, though I don't quite have a proper routine yet.

I've also been getting the chance to use my bath powders (or rather 'onsen' powders, for obvious reasons) that I got from Mitsuwa back in January. They're some kind of medicated bath powders that I saw Sushi Cat review. The kind I got is called Yakuto Meguri, and apparently the different powders are good for different skin ailments, not that I know which does what.... They smell wonderful though~ Nice hot water, perfect on a cold, winter day... Well, as long as you keep your lotion handy afterwards, or your skin will surely suffer....

Actually, the bath could have only been better if I had a nice dessert to eat along side of it, lol. It's never a bad time for sweets.


But besides that, I just read Violet's blog about how to get pretty curls without a curling iron. I'm trying it out now, though I didn't have enough bobby pins, lol. I have to wash my hair tomorrow anyway, so I figured I could try it now, see how it looks, and see if it was a success, and if it wasn't, just wash it out and try again. Of course, if it was, then hey, I can still do it again, and just get better, lol.

The only negative is that I can't really go out today while I wait for it to take effect. I'm all for not really caring what others think about my looks, but wearing a hair scarf in public without there being a dance or something the next day.... I don't know, feels kind of tacky.  I have my limits!  Ah well, I guess today will be a spa day or something.


Oooh, I'm so impatient! I want to see how my hair looks already~!

No comments:

Post a Comment