Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 3: My First Product Miss!

Hello~! 

Week three has finished, and my skin seems to improve every day!  I'm probably blowing through testing my products a little quickly....  My original goal was to test one product over a week, but it ended up being around 3 days each, lol.  Pretty much everything I've purchased and tried so far has been giving me great results.   It could just be that my skin is happy I'm paying attention to it, but whatever the case is, it's a lot happier. 

But, I can say that I've come across my first complete miss.
With my Royal Honey Propolis essence that arrived this week, I received a sample of Innisfree's Eco Science Recover Spot Essence.  It's a great example of why I should pay attention to what's normal for my skin.  I looked for some reviews for this product, but only found the other product in the series, the wrinkle care one.  So, I just decided to try it that very day, since I figured I should get the sample out of the way.  Immediately, my skin felt really greasy, which is usually never a good sign for me.  But instead of washing it off like my instinct was to do, I told myself to let it sit overnight and see what happens.  The next day, I had a bunch of these huge, painful pimples on my face.   I checked out the ingredients on Cosdna, but if any of them are an irritant, it's not marked yet.  Whatever it was, my skin didn't enjoy it....   Fortunately, it was just a sample and not something I purchased.  I went back to my usual regimen the next day, and many of the pimples came to a head.  Unfortunately, it's going to set me back a few days while my skin heals from the breakout, but at least it's manageable.  I'll keep this product in mind, however, so I can compare the ingredients if something else causes a breakout in the future. 

I started the week testing out Mizon's Steblanc Black Snail Repair Ampoule, which I thought would work well since the Neulii Snail Bee serum worked so nicely.   I think it just continued where that serum left off, as the lines I had around my mouth (my own personal parenthesis) started to fade significantly.  While I think those lines were brought on greatly due to my dehydration problems, after two days of putting it on my face, the lines got far fainter.  It seems to play well with my Geum Sul Essence Booster, as I tried it one morning instead of just during the evening, and didn't notice nearly as much of a difference.  There's no scent, and because it has snail, it is a fair bit sticky for a little while.  It's not something I mind, but something to consider if you don't like that sensation.   I have no idea why this was at such a huge discount, but I won't complain spending only $14 for it!  I don't really like the applicator, however.  I don't know if mine is just broken, but it never seems to fill up very well.  Still, the bottle is gorgeous and elegant.  I'll keep using it to see how well it does. 

I then started using my Mizon Water Volume EX First Essence around Thursday.   I really like this product!  Upon first usage, my skin had this deep hydrated feel.   It was like the surface was more firm, but the layers below were super soft.  It's hard to explain....  Whatever it was, I really liked it.  It also has a light citrus-y scent to it, like maybe grapefruit.   It goes away super quickly, but I wouldn't mind it sticking around, as it smells pretty refreshing.  My Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis essence finally arrived, so I'll get to see how well it does in helping other products absorb better.  Still, it's doing a lovely job on its own.  I approve! 


Nowadays, I've been doing my evening regimen once I get home.  I always end up taking a nap when I get home, since I now work at 5a (which means I'm up at 3:30a).  I figured that if I'm going to be sleeping, I should at least take care of my face.  It doesn't seem to be affecting anything in a negative way (products being less effective, wearing off before the next day, so on), so it may be something I do from now on.  Often times, I get impatient waiting for that window of time I gave myself to take care of my face, so it's nice to just do it after I wind down anyway. 

This Week's Product Lineup
Day: Cleanser, Skinfood Royal Honey Essential Toner, Mizon Water Volume EX First Essence, Lotion
Night: Tonytoly Clean Dew Apple Mint Cleansing Oil, Cleanser, Mizon AHA & BHA Daily Clean Toner, Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum (every other day), Missha MISA Geum Sul First Essence Booster, Mizon Steblanc Black Snail Repair Ampoule
Test: Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence (day), Mizon Black Snail All In One Cream (night)

It's about time I round out my morning routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment