Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolutions for 2014!

So, another year has arrived!

2013 brought a lot of life lessons to me.  Not much happened in an event sort of way, but I made a lot of inner changes.   In fact, that was my main resolution for the year, to simply learn more about me, and I ended up having a huge revelation about myself.

Did you do anything for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day?  I spent 1/1 with a nice personal spa day!  Just deep cleansed 2013 right out of my skin, lol.

I like the idea of resolutions.  I know, it seems silly to just start something at the beginning of the year when you could just start it right away, but the reason I like them on New Year's is because of when it is.  It's far easier to notice how much you've grown starting at the beginning of a year than during the middle.

For 2014, I decided to go big again and have a bunch of little resolutions instead of a couple huge life-altering ones, lol.  Here are my New Years resolutions for :

1.  Go out more.
I didn't get to wear any of my cute dresses outside!   This year, I want to wear my pretty outfits and go to some nice places, even on my own.   There's no point in owning clothing that just sit in a drawer all the time, and experiences definitely aren't going to come to me while I'm lounging at home, that's for sure!  I've got a whole bunch of new clothes for the start of 2014, and I really want to get some use out of them, besides coordinating them in my room.

2.  Develop my fashion style.
It seems I've determined my style is some kind of a vintage princess style, so I really want to not only define what it means, but to enact it by the end of 2014.   When I try to envision it, it still only comes up in bits and pieces, but I want to be able to see it clearly.  I've already typed up a pretty solid outline about it, so this one might be completed sooner than later.

3.  Find a job that makes me happy.
I've started questioning what I want to do for now, but wherever I end up, I just really want to be happy to get up and work, I'd like to work better, steadier hours, and I want to be cute and wear cute things while doing it, lol.   I made a dream schedule for my weekdays, the kind of schedule I wish I had, and I'd love to get closer to it.

4.  Work on a flashier makeup style.
I have a cute, natural makeup style, but I've neglected the Gyaru side of my fashion since either I feel too bad getting overly dressed when hanging out with my friends (who prefer the casual side) or it's just too much when going out for regular errands.  However, now that I have a friend who likes a flashy fashion too, I want to start wearing lashes and circle lenses again, and get back to my Gyaru roots.

5.  Continue my Japanese studies.
I was told yesterday that whatever you were doing as the clock struck midnight is what you'll be doing for the rest of the year.  Well, turns out I was trying to read a manga in Japanese, lol.   Seriously, it was my grandma who called me a minute after midnight, as I hadn't even noticed myself that the new year had already begun!  I bought Japanese From Zero 2 and a beginner's dictionary which should arrive sometime in the next week, and I hope to improve enough to even be able to understand my favorite models' blogs.   Perhaps one day, I can start my own Ameblo!   But that's some time in the future.  (By the way, the manga I'm reading is about a dog who gains the ability to talk after eating a flower.  It's so cute! )

6.  Work on Felicity more.
I got my ball joint doll Felicity (a Minifee Celine) early in the year with huge plans, but whenever I had the chance to work on her, I was either too busy, too tired, or feeling lazy.   In 2014, I really want to do some things with her, like make her at least one outfit and give her a face-up that I'll like on her.  I know I still like her, because I don't like the thought of giving her up (and I have no qualms with giving anything I don't need up right away), so I want to make the character I've always imagined her to be.

Do you have any resolutions of your own for this year?


2013 was a very good year for me, and the only thing I regret is that I spent way too much time sleeping and working, and not enough being me.   I don't want to be a workaholic, and I don't want to waste my days sleeping everything away!  But whatever happens, even if I don't accomplish any of my resolutions, I want to have lots of good times.

Happy New Year to everyone, and I hope this year is full of far more happy memories than sad for you all!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Aimiya! Your resolutions seem so do-able and good luck with it all! ^.^ I hope you enjoy the new year~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! I really hope I can accomplish my goals. I've managed to for the past 2 years, so I can't just let the streak go down now! I hope you can make your resolutions too! <3

      Delete
  2. I know that this is a bit late, but Happy New Year! ^_^ I love your resolutions. I had a great time going over them. As for me, I honestly don't have any laid out! ^^; I don't really "plan" out resolutions. However, I do know that I will be expanding out my lolita wardrobe, which I am already doing a splendid job of so far. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I forgot to mention that what you can do with the cute clothes that you have stored away in your drawers is that you can wear them around the house as well! I am pretty much in the same position (refer to cute hime and lolita clothes hanging in my closet collecting dust), since it is too cold here to wear chiffon or thin fabrics outside, I could not wear any of them with the exception of my mint parka dress. Probably not the same as wearing them out, but at least you will still be able to get some wear out of them while looking cute at the same time! Just a suggestion! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked this! Honestly, coming up with these resolutions took about 7 minutes, lol. I just thought, what did I wish I had done in 2013, and it came to me (almost a little too quickly, actually....) I don't know, maybe that *is* your resolution, to build your Lolita wardrobe? It's a simple one, but one that means something to you anyway ^_^ Are you going to try for some Lolita lucky packs next year? That is a good idea to wear some things around the house. Every now and then last year, I would just go through my outfits and put stuff together, especially if I suddenly got inspired to put something together.

      Delete