Sunday, October 17, 2010

What I've learned about fashion

Lately, I've been getting into Elouai.
It's one of those dress up websites from Korea. Actually, I found it years ago, when someone linked it after doing the room maker, but recently, I've been doing the dress up games.

The ones I've been most fond of are by a place called Roiworld. Apparently, they're now owned by Lifetime, but these were the ones from before, when they just had their own website.

As you can see, I tend to dress by color theme, because I'm really boring like that, lol. Whenever I'm looking at clothes on Yesstyle, and I see some weird combination of colors, like purple and bright green with black pants, I always just go "Why??" even though I know some people look at that and go "Awesome!" Fashion is what you make it, and as long as you're not afraid of what others might think (and you're not breaking any rules or laws), you should do what you like most. I'm always going to be the boring type that color coordinates, choosing to tie everything together with a main piece, or a color that connects the others. I'm really weird about it too, if one color has too much saturation compared to another, I won't think they go together. Maybe I have no imagination.


I've also been looking at a lot of furniture, specifically wardrobes. I've realized I'm going to have to do a lot of work on, but that only makes me happier, because then it means I'll get to have pieces that no one else will have. Currently, I'm designing a style I like. I'm looking for a 3 door, with 2 spots for only hanging, so I can put shoes on the bottom, and one spot with dressers and a shelf. But not only that, I'm actually going to paint a design on it, and line it with velvet. It sounds like a huge 3 weekend job, best done with a few friends, so it sounds really exciting. I think it's going to be my main piece in my future room; I just have to find the right wardrobe. I can't wait to start work on my whole room. It'll be hard work, but it'll be a labor of love ^_^ It'll take a while, but I know it'll happen someday.


Lot's of planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment