Saturday, March 14, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2015!

Hello all~! 

How were your holidays?  Mine were pretty quiet.  It's nice when things aren't so hectic. 


I've been absolutely preoccupied with two of my resolutions as of late, as well as some life things, but as promised, I'm here in the new year!   I just had a *huge* makeup haul and everything finally came in.   I'm still practicing how to really use them (have you tried the new Canmake Fleur blushes and highlighters?  Because they're amazing!), but in the meantime, I'll continue my tradition of sharing my New Year's resolutions for 2015~!

Whenever I share them, I seem to end up accomplishing many of them, even if I forget I've had them, lol.  Seriously, I always look back at last year's resolutions, and I'm really happy that I get to check most, if not all, of them off.   Maybe just by putting them out there, it's just subconsciously put into my mind and I just work on it even when it's not directly on my mind?  I don't know. 

*New Year's Resolutions *

 Start and complete an ambitious art project. 
Too many times I get these huge bouts of inspiration to do something, and then I lose steam and never touch it for years.   For 2015, I wanted to do something art related, get back my creative self which I've neglected, and finish something.  I'd like to teach myself not just to have the desire to start something, but the drive to complete it.   Originally, the goal was to customize a couple of clearanced out dolls into a pair of cute pastel goth anthros that I saw in a picture, but my mind instead chose to point out the fact that I haven't done much at all for either of my ball joint dolls (I bought another one in October, lol).  As a result, I've been going into hyper-drive collecting items and working on my two girls, Felicity (Minifee Celine) and Summer (Loongsoul NuanNuan).  I've owned Felicity for a little over a year and a half now, and all I did for her was buy her a sewing kit and give her half of a faceup that I didn't even like.  Now she finally has eyes, proper wigs, and a completed faceup that I actually like (even though it's not perfect, and I'll definitely redo it eventually, but for now, I'm happy to see her coming alive!)!  My plans are definitely ambitious, and I've discovered that I really love making miniature accessories.  Seriously, I feel so peaceful making them jewelry, and I'm always excited to make even more things (I may open a small shop so I can practice my skill).   I'm really happy I finally get to officially welcome home Felicity and Summer, and now that I've perfected her personality, I also have plans to welcome another one this year, lol.   I keep them out now, because it makes me feel so good seeing how far I've come to create them.   This was the first resolution I came up with back in November, so I think it's my major one this year. 

  Find out more about my personal "mission statement".
Some time in December, a single sentence randomly floated into my brain: “I just want to be the cutest warrior.”   It really resonated with me, to the point that I had to write it down.  I've been trying to get a sense of who I am these past few years, but I feel that this is the first time something solid has come around.  I want to be like a magical Shoujo girl, able to fight while looking charming and beautiful (to myself, that is).  I want to pave my own way with my own two hands, and also be cute while doing it.   This year, I'd like to learn what that means for me and how to do it.  It's a weird resolution, I know, lol.  But just thinking about it makes me happy, so it's a goal I want to move toward.  It definitely involves a lot of soul searching, though. 

  Work on perfecting my wardrobe.
Over the past few years, I bought a lot of cute clothes!  ....And I gave most of them away.   I donated a lot of filler, things I either never wore, or only wore once and didn't like on me.  I've been thinking I wanted to have a huge wardrobe full of everything I could want for every occasion….  But this time, I want to acquire a wardrobe full of things I will wear often and can be worn in many different ways.   I also want to take more outfit photos.  I haven't bought much in the way of clothing lately (in fact, only this cute MonLily romper so far this year) as I've been focused on goals 1 and 2, but it's definitely something I want to work on.  I've definitely become a lot more selective with what I want out there.  There was a time when my wishlist was a mile long, but now I have a rule that if an item can't potentially go with at least three other items I already own, I won't get it.

  Start and keep a makeup routine. 
In the last couple of years, I barely wore any makeup, since my goal was to find a good skincare routine.   Well I did that (even though I sometimes neglect to follow it and end up paying for it, lol)  I want to learn how to apply makeup in the way I like every time.   I also want to perfect my Gyaru makeup, both everyday and special occasion styles.  I want to acquire a selection of makeup that both looks good on me and is easy to apply.  I also would like to wear makeup a little more regularly. 

  Save more than $1,000. 
I never save money!    I’m very good at staying at status quo, in that I always seem to have enough money to make it to the next paycheck and never really have more or less at the end.  But I’d like to save money.   I’m always regretting that I don’t have enough to buy something I like because I bought something before.   I've already started saving, and I’d like to save more than $1,000 before a year’s time.  If I can make it, it means I can buy lots of lucky packs (if I want) instead of having to choose one or two, and still have money to buy gifts for my family! 


Bonus resolution:  Learn how to curl my hair.   When my hair is straight, it pretty much wants to remain straight until I have to wash it, lol.


Do you have any fun resolutions for this year?


As for me, it's back to dolly plans.  Once I finished Felicity, I immediately got a vision of what I want her first outfit to look like.  I think her style is Retro-kei with Larme-kei elements to it.  No clue when I'll be back for more posting, since my passions seem to lie in my dolls for the moment, and I haven't really reached a point of balance yet (I guess it's because I have so much work to do on them, especially with a third one in the works), but I'll be back eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment