Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 5: A Little Disappointment

Hello~! 

It's been a month since I started my Korean skincare challenge.   The goal was to see not only if I could keep it up, but if it could do something good for my skin, which had fallen quite a bit to the wayside.  I've been taking pictures of my skin every so often (because of course it's not enough to tell you that it's working, it's important to see for yourself!), and I'll do one final mini-review of everything I've used during this challenge.  This series is almost over....  It's kind of sad!  I have no idea what to do! 

So this week, I tried out Missha's MISA Geum Sul Night Cream.  And I have no idea what it's doing. 

When I tested it on my neck, I remember the next day how a tenacious bump that had resisted every other product had reduced quite some bit.   I decided to try it on my face a couple days later, but I couldn't tell if anything else was happening....  I guess this might be one of those long-term type of things, the kind of stuff meant to help you in the long run and not give you immediate results.   That's fine and all, but I have a lot of problems right now to work on.  It's probably only a sometimes product.

This cream is heavily perfumed, moreso than the essence booster, and lasts far longer, so if you're sensitive to scents, you'll have to avoid this.   It has sort of a woodsy scent to it, and it can get pretty annoying over time, but it gets more bearable about 10 minutes later, so give yourself some time after application before trying to go to sleep.   The product comes with a spatula to scoop out the cream with, and much like Mizon's Black Snail All In One cream, a little goes a long way.  My skin feels pretty soft (not as much as with the Black Snail cream), but the cream a more stiff, so it feels a bit uncomfortable.  It's not bad enough that I would stop using it, but like I said, I have no idea if it's doing anything as of right now.   I like the essence booster far more.  Still, it was on sale for $20, so this could make a nice pampering cream to use every few days or so.


I also tried out Missha's All Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk (goodness, all those words....).  It feels weird....   I know, it's just the silica powder in it to smooth out skin, but I'm not used to my skin feeling that way, lol.  It's meant as a base for makeup, so it goes on smoothly.... but as I am right now, it can't be used for that either, because it accentuates any flaky patches! 

I still have a lot of damaged skin to shed off, so I still have the occasional peeling skin around my nose and jawline.  All of my other products have made it so that they're not as prevalent, but this product seems to get right under them and lift them up.   I guess it's great if I wanted a product to show me where to exfoliate or something....

Halfway through testing, I found out that you're supposed to shake it before using.  Sure enough, there's a little ball bearing in it to mix it up that I never noticed because it had been stuck at the bottom.  When I first tried this product, my face would feel really grimy after a shift, but once I started mixing it up, that didn't happen.  It was a fairly good product.  It would probably be better if it didn't show off any flakes on my face.  I wonder if I can use a cream over it? 

This Week's Product Lineup
Day: Cleanser, Skinfood Royal Honey Essential Toner, Mizon Water Volume Ex First Essence, Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence, Mizon Black Snail All in One Cream, Missha All Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk
Night: Tonymoly Clean Dew Apple Mint Cleansing Oil, Cleanser, Mizon AHA & BHA Daily Clean Toner, Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum (every other day), Missha MISA Geum Sul First Essence Booster, Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence, Mizon Steblanc Black Snail Repair Ampoule, Missha MISA Geum Sul Night Cream (sometimes)
Test: Tonymoly Red Appletox Honey Cream, my face wash samples

I've decided to try it for both day and night--not twice a day, but try it for a while during the day and then try it for a while at night.  Depending on where it feels best, I will either use it during the day and switch my All in One back to night, or use the Appletox at night.  It's supposed to have brightening qualities, which is something I need to lighten up the stubborn acne scars still lingering around.   I have 20 samples, and if it does well, I'll be glad to buy a full one.  I'm also eager to try out the Tonymoly foam cleansers that came with it.  I've only been using my Dr. Bronner's castile soap for the past few years, but maybe there's a better cleanser.

Next week is my last one of these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment